Not all periods of residence count
If you had a permanent residence permit (PUT) or a residence permit for settlement (UT) when you entered Sweden, you count the duration of stay from your date of arrival. Otherwise, the duration of stay is calculated from the date on which you submitted your application for a residence permit and were approved. If your application was initially rejected and you then submitted a new application, the time is counted from the date on which you received approval.
Different types of residence permit
Other types of residence permit, e.g. when you have been here for a visit or as a visiting student, researcher, teacher, sportsperson, musician or artist, do not count. This is because these permits are not granted for settlement in Sweden which is most often stipulated in the decision on residence permit. This may also be the case if you have been working at the embassy or consulate of another country in Sweden.
If you have received a temporary work permit for a specific occupation, you will normally not be able to count the time.
How to apply
Apply for a work permit online. If you are unable or unwilling to apply online, fill out Application for Swedish work permit — for applicants currently in Sweden, no. 151011, and post or turn it in to a Migration Board permit unit. Apply 30 days before your current permit expires.
You will probably be required to pay a fee.
Enclose the following documents with your application
You must enclose:
- copies of the pages of your passport that show personal data, period of validity and whether you have permission to live in countries other than your country of origin
- a job offer and a statement concerning the terms of employment by the trade union concerned — to be obtained from your employer
- documents showing your income for the preceding year if you were working then
- any wage specifications for this year
- certificates of employment from all your employers with information about the periods you have worked in Sweden if you have had a permit to work in Sweden for almost four years and you want to apply for a permanent residence permit.
|[发布：北京时间 2013/5/17 21:43:00]